Academic Presentation (Un)Standards
Pecha Kucha: 20 illustrated slides X 20 seconds
We would like to propose an untypical – but more and more popular even outside architecture and design worlds – PowerPoint presentation format for this academic conference. Thus, we would like to encourage interactive paper sessions, like engaging chit chat to encourage dialogue and response. Pecha Kucha presentations forces concision in speaking AND listening by avoiding text-heavy slides – but demands less preparation work than a TEDx speech! We then invite you to share only certain ideas and thoughts on your topic, to get to spark for listeners.
- Send your final extended abstract ASAP
- Read all the abstracts of your session – as a presenter or a listener!
- Carefully choose and show 20 images – as a storyline, each for 20 seconds
- Automatize the advancement of images that you talk along to the images
- Don’t use too much text and avoid bullet points